Community renewable energy masterclass
Hilton Adelaide, Victoria Square, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
A masterclass on Financial models for community-owned solar power projects. For councils, not for profits and community groups. Hosted by Frontier Impact Group. Supported by Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) and SA Government.
Hosted in conjunction with “Prosperity in a changing climate Symposium”. For council and community groups.
Learn how to install more rooftop solar in your community
- Are you interested in creating community-owned renewable energy, where anyone can invest, not just homeowners?
- Do you want to learn how to get energy projects off the ground?
- Do you want to know more about the financial component of energy projects?
This Frontier Impact Group workshop will give you
- tools to help community renewable projects to get off the ground more quickly with sound economic and environmental outcomes
- an in-depth understanding of the Community Renewable Energy Toolkit to guide you in developing a community solar project.
You will learn how to
- identify key challenges in securing funding for community energy projects and how to overcome them
- recognise the steps required to develop large and small-scale “behind the meter” solar PV projects
- manage risks associated with the development of solar PV Projects
- use and apply the financial model template for “behind the meter” Solar PV projects
You will also complete the planning and financial assessment of a real project – your own or one that we recently supported.
About the Community Renewable Energy Toolkit
It was developed by the ARENA funded Frontier Impact Group, with project partner Community for Clean Energy (C4CE, represented by Embark and Community Power Agency) to help foster more community-owned renewable projects. The toolkit is set up in modules and includes a series of guidebooks. Learn more at: frontierimpact.com.au/toolkit
Location: Hilton Hotel, Adelaide, 233 Victoria Square/ TarntanyanggaSee our current events